Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Advice on getting on with life after my parents divorce?

My parents divorced 8 years ago and I have been so unsettled in life ever since. I was very close to my dad and he is now living 3000kms away with his wife (the woman he had the affair with). My mother has changed a lot and now lives with my sister as she can't bear to be on her own. She has lost her enthusiasm for life. I have my own family but I feel like the extended family is lost. I feel like I am searching for something. We have moved towns and houses a lot since the divorce and I don't stay at a job any longer than 6 months whereas I used to have a very good job history prior. I feel like my own children are suffering and I really need to get on with my life but I am really hurting still. We have decided to stay put in the town we are in now because my children have started school so I think that I have had time to think and reflect on what has been really happening. Please help me get on with my life!!Advice on getting on with life after my parents divorce?
Your parents divorce would have presented to you a whole new world, one which you formerly did not know existed.


Your father has moved on with a new woman in his life and your mother is not moving on. That is hard for you to witness. Hard for you to deal with. It raises many questions about what you thought family meant. It raises many issues about the permanence of relationships of all kinds.


To be able to put the divorce behind you will mean not blaiming and resenting your father and not sympathising too strongly with your mother. Your parents are grown up people who made decisions based on what each of them wanted or needed at the time. Your mother's decision to fall apart instead of pulling herself together and moving on has nothing to do with you giving up the enthusiasm for life is her choice for herself. Don't buy into it and don't let your mother's decisions for herself affect your or your childrens well-being.Advice on getting on with life after my parents divorce?
Happens..Lifes a Bithc!
Don't get on. My parents are divorced, and there is no way for any person who cared about their parents marriage to get over it. Just try not to make any of the mistakes that your parents made.
Each area has a community mental health clinic that helps people learn skills to ';get on with'; their lives.
  • wet eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment