Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I get REALLY serious menstrual cramps each month. any advice on what i could do for them?

My aunt swears hot tea helps, I hate any hot drink, I tried it once and it did seem to help but strongly dislike hot drinks.





I have always had them and have had a lot of problems, but I take 800 mg Ibuprofen. You have to get that in RX. My doctor also said if you tend to get bad cramps start taking Ibuprofen a couple days before you start to help with the pain and swelling as a preventive measure and then stay on it during. It does help if I take it a few days in advance, they only down side is that much Ibuprofen kills my stomach.I get REALLY serious menstrual cramps each month. any advice on what i could do for them?
I used to have this problem too. turned out I had endometrosis, and I would basically be bed-ridden. I went on the pill and it helped.


if you don't want to do the pill, heating pads always helped me, but if they are really bad, your best bet is the pill.I get REALLY serious menstrual cramps each month. any advice on what i could do for them?
you should go to the doctor, i had this problem too and i got prescribed a medicine.
There are many options...





First, you can take something like Advil/Ibprofen (Ibprofen is the main drug in advil...however I don't know about the liqui-gels which I know are awesome at pain relief but I'm allergic to them...but yet not ibprofen).





Second, try exercise. It sounds retarded, but it CAN work. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me - it would only take my mind off of it for a few minutes before I'd feel the next pain-wave.





Third, go to your doctor. You can get prescriptions for pain-relief without going onto birth control, but personally I find them to be an inconvenience, and do not work (at least for me....they probably work well for a lot of people).





If the prescription for the pain-relief does not work, chances are you'll be put onto birth control.





In general, you may have to get checked out for cysts and endometriosis because they both can cause very painful cramps. I have recently been told that there is a fairly high chance that I have endometriosis (but my periods are/were very very painful for a good couple of weeks because I would get cramps when I ovulated, I felt nauseas, incredibly tired, painful sex, diahheria during my period...yah not pretty) and may actually have to have surgery (because this being my 4th birth control prescription, I'm already having major mood swings, anger/depression, major migraines when I NEVER have had a migraine before in my life, and utter fatigueness).

No comments:

Post a Comment