Sunday, August 22, 2010

Whats advice you have gotten off YA and used in real life?

When we moved into our new house we transitioned Ryan to his new room. The first night was ROUGH. He kept waking up scared... Someone on here told me to think of sounds that he was used to hearing in our room where he slept his first 4.5 months of his life. It was then I realized I always have my fan on high, as soon as I put it in Ryans room it seemed to soothe him......





So whats the BEST advice you have gotten/used from YA!?Whats advice you have gotten off YA and used in real life?
I had a hard time finding a sippy cup that my son would drink out of, someone suggested using the kind with a straw, and it worked wonders, my son still drinks out of them, and as dumb as it sounds I would have to say that's the best advice anyone has ever given me, I think I would still be battling with sippy cups if someone wouldn't have told me that!Whats advice you have gotten off YA and used in real life?
On my old account I used to come on this section a lot, but I am actually struggling to think of good advice I received, I usually answered questions! One thing that does stick out in my memory is when I was asking for a solution to encourage my baby to sit, as he completely skipped the stage and was actually walking before he would sit on his bum! But this was before he walked... anyway one woman recommended I purchase a plastic highchair booster seat and sit him in it on the floor sometimes and that it would double up as a great highchair alternative, and sent me a link to a great Fisherprice one that had a toy tray attached - and I found a cheap deal on a new one of these and this item has been an absolute Godsend and I still use it every day! We've binned the old highchair and use this all the time and it's totally portable, the toys keep him occupied and he learnt to sit! Wonderful - and if that lady hadn't sent me the link I don't think I'd ever have found it!
Honestly most of the advice that I have gotten was good. I am really grateful for a lot of the advice that I have gotten. Especially since for the first 2.5 months it was just me %26amp; my baby while her daddy was at Basic..
I haven't gotten any advice directly, but I read alot of what other people say and gotten stuff answered that way with out having to ask.


I've laughed more than anything so thanks to YA for that.
I have received tons of good advice on here, but the best is probably people just helping me through ttc! I got tons of support when I had a miscarriage in January too.
About self feeding. I was nervous to let Noah try it for fear of him choking but the advice I got on here about when and how to do it worked very well for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment